**NOTICE: Everything on this page was written by Linda Kerr, and as such, is copyrighted. If you'd like to use any part of this page for your own festival or event, please request permission first, AND give credit and a link back.**
© 2019 Linda Kerr
Note: Some of the rules below are also found in the What to Expect. While that link will give you a lot more info, the rules below are the things that, if broken, will at the very least earn you a note beside your name describing what you did in the database forevermore, and at the very worst, get you removed from the site by the police (yep, it's happened before). So please read them VERY carefully!Payments & Refund Policy
Laws & Legal Stuff
Policy on Minors
PAYMENT & REFUND POLICIES:For the policies on payments, prices, and refunds, see: Prices.
TAKE OUT YOUR OWN TRASH:We follow a Leave-No-Trace (LNT) ethic for Moondance and FallFling. This means that YOU are responsible for removing any and all trash that you bring or generate while there. There are no dumpsters nearby or on-site; you will need to take all your trash home with you when you leave. DO NOT LEAVE BAGS OF TRASH ANYWHERE WHEN YOU LEAVE!! If you are caught leaving trash behind when you leave the site to go home, you will NOT BE INVITED BACK! Also, please DO NOT toss cigarette butts OR bottle caps on the ground or in the main fire! Anyone caught doing so will be placed on cigarette butt/bottle cap duty, OR will not be invited back again. Take your pick.
POLICY ON ANIMALS:
1) Limit: THERE IS A HARD LIMIT OF 12 DOGS ALLOWED AT MOONDANCE. In order to be approved to attend, your dog must be pre-registered and pre-paid.
2) Register: Pets and service animals are allowed, but must be registered in advance.
3) Vaccines: Pets must have proof of all current vaccines (bring paper from your vet).
4) Leash Policy: Once we get to know a dog, and it has shown that it gets along fine with the other dogs, it can run around unleased. BUT - the moment the dog has any sort of issue with another dog, a human, someone's food, etc., it must be put on a leash or crated.
5) Dog Behavior: Animals (especially dogs, and including service animals) must be well-behaved and under control at all times. As the dog owner, you are responsible for your dog's behavior, and must monitor the dog at all times. Dogs that try to steal food, interrupt rituals or classes, display anti-social behavior, etc., must be kept contained. Dogs that bark a lot (meaning, more than just a "hey, who are you?" bark occasionally) and wind up annoying other people, may need to be removed from the site entirely.
6) Curb Your Dog: You must clean up after your dog, so that "doggie bombs" are not left behind for others to step in.
7) Price: There is a fee for dogs (see prices for current fee); service animals are always free, but must meet above guidelines.
8) Right of Refusal: I reserve the right to refuse admission to any animal at any time for any reason, to limit the total number of dogs allowed to any festival, and to ask any animal to be removed from the site without refund for any reason.
9) Service Animals: A "service animal" is one who performs specific tasks directly related to their person's needs. An "emotional support," "comfort," or "therapy" animal is not the same thing as a service animal. Service animals are allowed free; emotional support, comfort, and therapy animals must pay the pet fee. If you are allowed to bring an animal in for free on the assumption that it is a service animal, and it is observed to be more of a pet or "comfort" animal, the animal will be charged the pet fee in the future.
CLOTHING POLICY: Moondance is clothing optional, which means you can choose to wear clothes or not. It also means there will be naked or semi-naked festival attendees - keep this in mind if bringing minors with you.
NO HARRASSMENT:Clothing or lack thereof is not an invitation nor permission for you to touch someone else in any manner. Ask before hugging someone. Staring excessively at topless women or making lewd remarks is a no-go. And sexually harrassing or assaulting ANYONE (men, women, children, pets) - verbally or physically - will get you removed from the site with no refund and potentially arrested, depeding on the severity. Being drunk is NO EXCUSE.
IMPORTANT: Moondance is LGBTQ-friendly. We do not tolerate implicit, implied, verbal, emotional, or physical violence towards our LGBTQ friends.
ALCOHOL POLICY:Underage drinking, gross drunken behavior, and unwanted sexual attention (harassment) will not be tolerated.
**A special note about drunks and alcoholics: If you come to Moondance and get obnoxiously drunk and display inappropriate behavior (potentially harming yourself, harrassing other attendees physically, verbally, sexually, or otherwise, stealing, disturbing other peoples' camps or possessions, being lewd, rude and socially unacceptable, etc.) you will be REMOVED FROM THE SITE WITHOUT REFUND. "Removed" means one of your camp mates will be required to drive your drunk ass home immediately - not the next day (even if "home" is 8 hours away). If you have no one who is able or willing to drive you home, one of our security personnel will drive you to the Lee County Sheriff's department and drop you off. Also, after such behavior, you will be banned permanently from any and all future festivals and from the site. We have absolutely NO TOLERANCE for drunks.** (Once banned, a recovering alcoholic can apply for probation from banned status by showing an AA chip proving soberness.)
CAMPFIRE POLICY:In most areas, and assuming there's no burn ban in place, you may have a personal campfire (but not on the rocks or in the woods), but all fires that are in grassy, mowable areas must be contained and off the ground; where the site owner has to mow, rocks, charcoal, bottle caps, and other trash tends to get left behind; these items can damage the mower blades ($$$ to repair), and injure or even kill the mower operator. For campfires, please bring your own firewood. Also, please practice common sense with your fires, and don't build a huge roaring fire and then leave it unattended. If your fire gets out of control and causes any damage to the site, you will be required to pay for the damages.
DEAD TREES:There are multiple dead pine trees on-site. We're constantly working on cutting these down, but be aware of them - take care when parking and placing your tent. THESE CAN FALL WITHOUT WARNING AND INJURE OR KILL YOU!
ALL MUNDANE LAWS ARE EXPECTED TO BE FOLLOWED:Any infraction of mundane law, i.e., theft, threat to or endangerment of others, etc., are grounds for immediate expulsion from the festival, and possible arrest, if appropriate. People's tents, campers, and vehicles are their personal property and temporary living abode; do not enter them without permission.
Illegal substances are absolutely forbidden, by any and all people!! This is very important - if you can't abstain for the weekend, please stay home. We run the risk of losing the site and our freedoms otherwise. Don't use drugs at the festival; don't even bring them.
WEAPONS POLICY:Weapons designed or intended to injure people are not allowed at Roxanna during the festival. This includes firearms, swords, machetes, large knives, etc. The site owner and staff are permitted to have and use certain tools such as machetes and axes.
POLICY ON MINORS:Children under the age of 19 must be under adult supervision at all times, especially younger children and teens who might try to party too much. If you are bringing children with you who are under the age of 19, and you are NOT the parent or legal guardian, you must have have the parent or legal guardian fill out and sign a Minor's Registration Form & Waiver for each child.
Moondance is held at Roxanna, which is PRIVATE PROPERTY. Please respect any and all rules put forth by the owners. Roxanna is NOT open to the public in any way, form or fashion. When you pay your registration fee for Moondance, that particular weekend is the ONLY time you are paying for. Payment for and attendance at this festival does NOT provide you access to Roxanna at any other time, or for any other reason.
Moondance is a private function, and is off-limits to media personnel acting in a professional capacity.
Anyone taking photos or video must obtain permission from all recognizable subjects *prior* to such, and especially before posting photos or videos on-line. Hidden cameras or other media devices are prohibited.
Radical Self-Reliance: This means taking responsibility for yourself and the people around you. Come prepared. This is not an event where all the home comforts are supplied, or even available. You are expected to bring everything you think you will need: clothing, food, shelter, toiletries, first aid, toilet paper, etc. You *must* take home your own trash. You must clean up after yourself *everywhere* on site, and be sure your camp and surroundings are free of MOOP (matter out of place). There is no one there to clean up behind you or do things for you.
No one is required to attend our ceremonies or classes, but please respect the rights of those who choose to do so; try to keep your noise, music and conversation to a minimum during these times if you are close by.
ALL cars must be moved to the parking area after unloading.
Lock your valuables in your trunk; we cannot be responsible for losses.