FallFling 2005 Ritual
by Mike of Darkwood
Autumn Transition Ritual
The gong will be sounded 9 times to mark 15 minutes to start time.
The gong will be sounded 3 times to mark 5 minutes to start time.
The gong will be sounded 7 times to mark start time.
Basic Outline of the Ritual:
In Spring 2005, our main Ritual revolved around the theme of the changing of the seasons from
Winter to Spring the transition from Dark to Light, from Death to Live anew. We are a family
oriented group, and our children were a very big part of this Ritual. In this Ritual, they
represented new life, and the return of the Light and Fertility to the Earth they represented the
young goddess and god to whom the old goddess and god abdicated.
- People will enter and be challenged from the North, then pass through smudging and walk
clockwise around the interior of the circle to their places.
- Elemental Call
- Ancestor Call
- Circle cast by three women each representing an aspect of the Triple Goddess
- Invocations of the Goddess and the God by Darkwood Youth
- Passing of the Labrys from young goddess to mature goddess
- Passing of the Horned Helm from young god to mature god
- Cakes & Ale (apple juice and bread)
- Parting blessings
- Closing of Circle
In Autumn 2005, we will continue along the theme of the changing of the seasons, but from
Summer to Autumn, and the transitioning from Light to Dark, Life to Death. The youth will
represent the young goddess and god, as before. But they will abdicate to the old goddess and